Police should never be expected that ignored verbal commands are a physical threat, given the many possible reasons. These include:
1. A person may be deaf.
2. A person may be wearing headphones.
3. A person may be visiting from a different country and does not understand English.
4. A person may have a learning disability and not understand well.
5. A person may be having a medical distress, like a seizure.
6. A person may not have heard or understood that your command was directed at them.
7. You never properly identified yourself as a police official.
8. Even if you claimed to be a police official, it's not enough to claim you are until you've shown proper credentials. What a bold opportunity for a criminal to blurt out command after claiming to be the police.
9. A person just doesn't trust you based on the wild command you've given.
Fedup — 2016-07-14 17:06:59
Criminal System, Police
Add a comment
Submit a new opinion
User name: Used only as posting author identifier
E-mail: Never shown or verified, used only as login name