Justice isn't adequately satisfied by prison sentences. Not taken into account partially or at all are:
1. restitution to the victim(s).
2. the cost to the victim to recover mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.
3. consideration to the families of the accused and victims (sometimes they're both).
4. the cost to the authorities to prosecute.
5. the cost to the authorities to patrol, investigate, pursue, catch, etc.
6. the cost to the authorities and the accused to rehabilitate and reengage with society.
Too often the prosecutors only look for a conviction without consideration for other compromises that will satisfy some of the above issues.
Fedup — 2016-09-01 12:59:31
Add a comment